Tuesday, November 19, 2024

Homemade Ranch - like the restaurants!

 My family loves this one!

Homemade Ranch - YUM

Ingredients:

Mayo

Milk

Ranch Seasoning (I get it in bulk at Sam's Club)

Optional: Sour Cream

Direction:

Okay, so I don't have this down to a science.... I originally had a recipe, but I never wrote it down and now I just play it by eye and taste. 

So, I mix all these ingredients together.  Start small and maybe do a cup or two of Mayo. Then add the milk, but you only need a small amount or you will make it too soupy! If you overdo the milk, just add a bit more mayo to even it out. I'd say 1/4 cup of milk if you do 2 cups of Mayo. Like I said, play around with it though and adjust as needed. I then dump/sprinkle on ranch seasoning and mix with a whisk to get all the chunks and make it smooth. Taste it and adjust as needed until you get the right creamy ranch taste. Sour cream is optional since it wasn't in the original recipe. I just tried adding some at one time when I made a taco ranch casserole and it was amazing! I'd say only a 1/4 cup, but go by taste and find the right consistency for you!

Enjoy!

I rarely buy ranch anymore because this is so much better and my husband and kids love it as well! We use it for a dip for fries, nuggets, as a salad dressing and a sauce for tacos, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Beef and Veggies in a Bread bowl

I used a bread recipe I found online and made the bread bowls. Scoop out the bread and cut up onions. Fry/grill the onions Add the beef Add ...