I’m really excited about tinctures! In the past I have done ginger and garlic tinctures. I use those when I feel a cold coming on. I tried a honey cinnamon once too, but I don’t feel like the cinnamon extracted as well as it should have.
Right now I am in the process of a Dandelion tincture! I picked Dandelions from my own backyard to try this one.
I grabbed the leaves, flowers and roots and then washed them. I let them dry a bit but probably should’ve let them really dry out. This is my first time doing this, so will have to see what it’s like when it’s done. I filled two jars and then poured vodka over them until they were covered. Then I put the lids on and labeled. I set them in my cupboard until the process is done…. Which is 8 weeks.
Dandelion has been known to help with digestion, liver, heart, liver, immune, skin and bone health. It may also be helpful for mood, transition during menopause and for some cancers. Do your research and look into this amazing plant that grows in abundance over most backyards. Be careful to not use dandelions that may have been sprayed with chemicals of any kind.
The tincture can be added to water, coffee or tea and taken a few times a day in moderation. Always start small and talk to your doctor if you are taking other medications. I am not a professional and I am not a doctor, so again, do your own research and use at your own risk.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.